12th June 2021
Chat with us
What is this course all about
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean Enterprise by becoming a SAFe® 5.0 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM).
In this two-day course, you’ll learn how to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
- Explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments.
- Discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
What outcomes can you expect from this course
What you’ll learn
To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees
should be able to:
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories
- Manage Program and Team backlogs
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Becoming a Product Owner/Product Manager in the SAFe enterprise
- Preparing for PI Planning
- Leading PI Planning
- Executing Iterations
- Executing the Program Increment
- Becoming a Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager
What are the steps to become a SAFe Agilist
SAFe Agilist Journey
WHY YOU SHOULD become A SAFE® AGILIST?
Nurturing Lean-Agile Mindsets
Nurturing Lean-Agile Mindsets
A Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager is a SAFe professional who works with customers and development organizations to identify and prioritize requirements.
Key areas of competency
- Apply Lean-Agile Mindset and SAFe Principles and practices
- Identify customer needs
- Write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and Stories
- Prioritize work to deliver value to the enterprise
Who will benefit from attending this course
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Product and Product Line Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
What will attendees get as part of this course
What you get?
Class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
What does the certification include?
Becoming a Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other Certified SAFe Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
What are the details for the related exam
Exam prerequisite skills
- Experience in Agile
- Experience in Lean
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager is to attend the SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager course. This is a requirement because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice , multiple response
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of your SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score – POPM4 = 35 out of 45 (77%); POPM5 = 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.
Professional Development Units & Scrum Education Units
PDU's and SEU's
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
• Renewal fee: $100