Chat with us
What is this course all about
To compete in a disruptive global market, every organization needs to deliver valuable technology solutions at the speed of business. This requires a shared
DevOps mindset among all the people needed to define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven systems—not just the engineers operating a CI/CD pipeline.
In this two-day course, you’ll learn how to:
- Help people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end.
- Learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a Continuous Delivery Pipeline that is tailored to their business.
- Work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
SAFe explained in 5 minutes!
Choose from one of the dates below or connect with us for a custom date:
Join us for an Engaging and Practical experience!
What outcomes can you expect from this course
What you’ll learn
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration,
continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release
to end users on demand Enable Agile Product delivery
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline
- Use value-stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize
the value stream
- Access the tools and templates available to learners after the class on the SAFe Community Platform
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
What are the steps to become a SAFe Agilist
SAFe Agilist Journey
WHY YOU SHOULD become A SAFE® AGILIST?
Nurturing Lean-Agile Mindsets
Nurturing Lean-Agile Mindsets
A Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP) is a SAFe professional responsible for improving the complete flow of value through a Continuous Delivery Pipeline from idea to operational solution. Key areas of responsibility include participating in Continuous Exploration, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release-on-Demand, continuous testing, continuous security, and building a culture of shared responsibility.
Key areas of competency
- Describe what DevOps is and why it is important
- Build a culture of shared responsibility across the value stream
- Continuously explore user needs
- Describe architectural considerations for continuous delivery
- Build and integrate the system continuously
- Improve the quality of the system with continuous testing
- Deploy systems to staging and production environments continuously
- Release systems to customers and manage recovery as necessary
- Maintain security by inspecting continuously for vulnerabilities
- Measure the flow through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Support a SAFe DevOps transformation in the enterprise
Who will benefit from attending this course
None. All are welcome to attend the course without prior DevOps or SAFe experience.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
What will attendees get as part of this course
What you get?
Class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certificate of completion
- SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification upon passing exam
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
What does the certification include?
Becoming a Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many Scrum Masters. Certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote the accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SDP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that provide connections to other certified SAFe professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
What are the details for the related exam
Exam prerequisite skills
- Experience working in a Development and/or Operations environment
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner is to attend the SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner Exam – or – SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice, multiple response
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score – 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.
Professional Development Units & Scrum Education Units
PDU's and SEU's
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
• Renewal fee: $100