Chat with us
What is this course all about
“Kanban in Action” is a dynamic and practical program designed to empower individuals with the skills and insights needed to implement and optimize the Kanban methodology.
In this 1-day course, you’ll learn to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of how Kanban enhances workflow efficiency, visualization, and continuous improvement.
- Use immersive workshops, real-world case studies, and hands-on exercises, equip yourself you with the knowledge to drive impactful change using Kanban principles.
SAFe explained in 5 minutes!
Choose from one of the dates below or connect with us for a custom date:
Join us for an Engaging and Practical experience!
What outcomes can you expect from this course
What you’ll learn
Upon completing “Kanban in Action,” you will:
- Develop a solid grasp of Kanban principles, practices, and core concepts.
- Learn to design and implement Kanban systems for various contexts.
- Understand how Kanban promotes flow, reduces bottlenecks, and enhances team collaboration.
- Master visualization techniques to optimize workflow transparency.
- Apply continuous improvement practices to refine processes incrementally.
- Introduction to Kanban:
- Kanban principles and origins.
- Differentiating between Kanban and other Agile methodologies.
- Kanban’s application beyond software development.
- Designing Kanban Systems:
- Creating Kanban boards and visualizing work items.
- Setting WIP (Work in Progress) limits for efficient flow.
- Establishing pull-based systems and managing demand.
- Workflow Visualization and Metrics:
- Visualizing the workflow stages and value stream.
- Measuring lead time, cycle time, and throughput.
- Utilizing Cumulative Flow Diagrams (CFDs) for insights.
- Managing Work and Reducing Waste:
- Prioritizing work items and using classes of service.
- Identifying bottlenecks and addressing constraints.
- Applying Lean principles to minimize waste.
- Continuous Improvement and Kaizen:
- Conducting regular retrospectives for team reflection.
- Implementing evolutionary changes based on data.
- Embracing the philosophy of continuous improvement.
WHY YOU SHOULD become A SAFE® AGILIST?
Nurturing Lean-Agile Mindsets
Nurturing Lean-Agile Mindsets
As a practitioner of Kanban, you’ll:
- Nurture an Agile mindset by embracing the principles of collaboration, adaptability, and incremental improvement.
- By leveraging Kanban’s visualizations and continuous improvement practices, you’ll foster a culture that thrives on transparency, open communication, and delivering value.
Who will benefit from attending this course
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are recommended for those who attend this course
- Familiarity with Agile principles
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Agile Practitioners and Scrum Masters seeking to expand their toolkit.
- Project Managers and Team Leads aiming to enhance workflow efficiency.
- Individuals interested in implementing Kanban for process optimization.
What will attendees get as part of this course
What you get?
- In-depth knowledge of Kanban principles and practices.
- Practical skills to design and implement Kanban systems.
- Course materials, resources, and real-world case studies.
- Certificate of Completion for “Kanban in Action.”
What does the certification include?
Upon successful completion of the course, you’ll receive a certification attesting to your proficiency in applying Kanban principles to optimize workflows and drive continuous improvement.
Professional Development Units & Scrum Education Units
PDU's and SEU's
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 7 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
The certification obtained through this course requires no annual renewal. However, we highly recommend practitioners stay updated with the latest developments and best practices in Kanban.